How to customize the urls of Rise courses?

Dec 18, 2017

Hallo there, 

we are a team of 3 articulate 360 subscriptions and are trying to figure out how to customize the url of the Rise content we have created.

It would be great to be able to share it as a customized url such as myexample.rise.articulate.com

Where can we change these settings?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Marco 

12 Replies
Katie Riggio

Great question, Marco! We currently do not offer a settings option where users can customize the URL of their Rise content, but I can see the use case for this and will relay this to our product team!

There are some workarounds, though!

• You can use a custom URL shortener to create short links that are branded to how you see fit.
  • If you or your client has a website, you can export your Rise course for web. You can change the name of the downloaded contents folder that you'll upload to the web server. More on this here.

We love hearing new feature requests, so please feel free to drop us a line here or via a case if there is anything else you'd like to see on Rise or any of our other products!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Allen. Creating a custom Share URL isn't on our immediate roadmap, but we're continuing to track this request!

The Share URL is not a long-term hosting solution since a shared course doesn’t track your learners’ progress. When they leave and come back, they have to start all over.

We recommend you export your course to an LMS or a permanent web host for the best learner experience. And you'll have more control over your domain naming!

ICT Support

Hi there,

Just wondering if any development has happened in this space? It would be great to put our company name in the URL when we are sharing direct from Rise.

I understand there is the SCORM and web host options, is sharing direct from within Rise not the preferred method, or the purpose of this function? - as I have noted it says to preview the course, although it is handy to share content directly from there too.

Many thanks :) 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Paul. Are you currently using another hosting provider? It may be worth checking out Rise.com if you love authoring content in Rise and could benefit from one place to host your training and manager learners' access. You can create a unique subdomain, or mask your Rise site with a custom domain.

If you have questions about Rise.com, start a chat on that page and the Rise team will be happy to help!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Miranda,

It's possible they embedded the course on their web site as you can't mask the Rise 360 share link as a private domain with a direct course name.

If your colleague is not using an embedded course and they are masking with a custom domain, they might be using Rise.com. You can create a unique subdomain, or mask your Rise site with a custom domain.

If you have questions about Rise.com, start a chat on that page and the Rise team will be happy to help!

Nick Newman

I would love to be able to do change the preview link as well. We are are a large team that all work mainly in Rise (but also storyline) and share the links with an even larger team. Due to the set up of our (multinational) company, putting on an LMS can prolong time frames and sharing links is often the quickest option for our FMCG business. It can be confusing for the learner if multiple links are received and not easily identifiable. I would love to be able to customise preview links!