How to Rename Rise Template

Jun 23, 2020

Hi!

I used the New Manager Training course in Rise as a template for one I am building. While I have changed the title (see attached), it is still shows up as New Manager Training in the browser tab. I believe that is also why I cannot find my course, Communicating Effectively, when I look for it on Rise.

A very odd thing is that when I find New Manager Training in my Rise collection, it is the original template and not the one I modified. Every time I need to work on my course, I have to go to my browser history to find it.

I would greatly appreciate your help in getting this course properly renamed and able to find.

Many thanks,

Joy

13 Replies
Joy McGinty

Hi Alyssa,

I do not have the settings, share, copy, review or export menus. I only have Preview and Edit.

Here's the link to my course, if that will help: https://rise.articulate.com/author/a_0yxlONSq1KK3X5sA88jG5dyc4rVBIs#/author/details/z9doP1xiaqKxwgVLeQE6pEPdCz87jDht

I will need to allow for review/comments, sharing, and exporting the course to upload into our LMS, so I'll need all that functionality, as well.

Joy McGinty

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks so much for the recording. I am able to change the name of the template, but it does not contain the content I already built.

Can we have a quick video chat so I can share my screen with you? I think we can resolve this very quickly in that way.

I believe you can see my email address in my profile.

Thank you!

Joy

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Joy! Thanks so much for your video! 

Here's a new video (with audio) where I explain how to find your content. 

The Communicating Effectively content is a lesson, not a course. When you're looking at the Communicating Effectively lesson, please click the back arrow once. 

This will bring you to the New Manager Training course main menu page. Please slowly scroll down to view all of the lessons until you see the Communicating Effectively lesson. Then, click Edit Content.

Let me know if that helps you!

Alyssa Gomez

I'm so glad you solved the mystery, Joy! Here's how you can pull out the "Communicating Effectively" lesson into its own course.

• Go to your Rise 360 dashboard, and click the New Course button. 
  • Select Blank Course.
  • Give the course a title: "Communicating Effectively". Do not add any lessons to this course for now.
  • Go back to the Rise 360 dashboard, and open the New Manager Training course. 
  • Scroll down the course main menu page to locate the "Communicating Effectively" lesson.
  • Click the three dots (...) and select Copy to another course as shown below.
  • Choose the new "Communicating Effectively" course you just created.

Give those steps a try, and let me know if you need any help along the way!

Joy McGinty

Thanks again, Alyssa! Following those instructions led to the new course having a lesson within it called Communicating Effectively. What I am hoping to accomplish is to have the lesson become the course, itself, such that when the learner clicks on the Rise course, they see my content immediately upon opening it, rather than seeing a link to the lesson that they have to click.

I have attached a recording of the steps I followed.

Thanks so much!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Joy! Thanks for your latest video! And no apologies necessary — we're all learning, and that's why I'm here to help!

When a learner opens a course, they will always see the course main menu page, and they'll have to click the Start Course button to view the first lesson (Communicating Effectively).

It sounds like you want to remove the course main menu page completely so that the Communicating Effectively lesson is the very first thing the learner sees.

Right now, there isn't a way to remove the course main menu page. We are actually tracking requests for the ability to remove that page, so I'll add your vote to the list!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.