Hyperlinks in Rise Course Exiting LMS

Jan 09, 2019

Hi team,

My LMS is SuccessFactors Learning. I have created a course in Rise that has hyperlinks in it to webpages.

When I export to SCORM 1.2 the course tracks as it should if the user completes to the end but when a hyperlink is clicked on the user is taken out of the course to that site on the web.  They then need to restart the course (from the start as the course progress isn't being tracked) to continue.

When I export to SCORM 2004 the user can suspend the course and the progress is tracked and the hyperlink opens in a separate window (as you would expect).  The problem is that is doesn't track completion. I have test both "Track using course completion" and "Track using quiz result". Neither will work.

Help!! 

Lisa

5 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Lisa,

I’m sorry you’ve ran into an issue here.

Have you tried uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime - please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Tim Jordan

Hi there,

I'm having this same issue with a client using SuccessFactors with a course published as SCORM 1.2.

The client is reporting that when you click any external link:

• the linked site opens in the same window (actually set to new window) and
  • All progress for that user is reset.

This issue can't be replicated on SCORM Cloud so I'm pretty sure it's related to SuccessFactors. Putting this out there in case anyone else has found a work around.

We're not having any luck in getting SuccessFactors to investigate the issue, and from what they are saying it seems to be a problem exclusive to training developed in Rise.

Thanks,

Tim

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Emily! Here are a few things you can try:

1. Test the course in various browsers to see if the file download or hyperlink opens in the same window in all browsers
  2. Publish the course using another format (like SCORM 2004) instead of SCORM 1.2.
  3. Link the file in another way to see if there's an improvement. For example, if you have hyperlinked text to a file download, use an Attachment Block instead.