Hyperlinks to multiple languages

Mar 07, 2019

I have a Rise course that has several instances like this:

Select a language to see the up-to-date information on our fleet:
Español  |  English  |  Português

And each of the three languages has a hyperlink that goes to the website in the language selected. Great.

So let's say I clicked Espanol at the first instance of being able to choose my language in the course, and have proceeded to continue in Espanol at each instance where it says "...select a language to see information on [topic]:" Still great.

The problem begins when I select another language. Let's say a portion of the course points to the website but it's only available in English. For example, "...click here to see information about our frequent flyer program." I'm not offered a choice of languages because it only appears in English. So when I click here to see more information, I am taken to the home page of the website in Espanol.

I know I somehow have to reset the website's language before going to a language-specific portion of the website. I've seen some complicated coding type solutions online that I don't really follow. Does Rise have a way to do this with hyperlinks?

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Bonnie,

Unfortunately there's no way to force the language selection for a link in Rise.

One idea to make this situation less confusing for learners would be to add a note saying that the link is only available in English and tell learners to change the language before clicking on the link. 

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.