17 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Beth. If you can host that PDF online, like in Google Cloud or Amazon S3, you could embed the PDF right into the lesson so your learners can view the content without leaving the tab. Once the PDF is hosted, you will use this code to embed it in your lesson using a multimedia embed block:

<iframe src="replace this with your URL"></iframe>

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Stephanie! Yes, you can add your PDF as a resource attachment in Storyline. Please see this article for directions.

Hello, L.A. Dick! While there isn't a way to track whether a learner downloads a PDF in Rise 360, could you embed the PDF directly in the Rise 360 lesson using a multimedia embed block? That way you can be sure the learner views it! 

Stephanie Ozaeta

Many thanks Alyssa for your reply, in the meanwhile i have also found the article, however i am not able to insert any hyperlinks at all, the reason to include PDF is because every PPT that was created before is automatially reformatting while uploading in storyline, and i have to do all the formatting again, which is quite exhausting.

However when uploading a PDF does it appear normally in the slides, i have understood now from the article that a new window (word or pdf) will pop up, but its meant to be normally integrated in the slide.

could you kindly let me know whats the best solution? Its quite urgent 

thanks in advance!screenshot

best

Stephanie 

Renz Sevilla

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks for sharing that screenshot! You should be able to hyperlink to a file by following the directions here. That should be helpful if you're trying to add the link to the PDF on the slide itself, rather than adding them as a resource attachment.

If you still help with adding your PDF into Storyline, you can share your project with us by opening a case here.

Stephanie Ozaeta

Thanks Renz for your swift reply. But this means it will always appear only as hyperlink first and then the user has to click on it in order to see the pdf? Its not possible to import pdfs normally as slides? 

as mentioned i am having diffiulites in importing a PPT as it keeps reformatting, do you know what the issue is here?

Many thanks in advance for your answer

best

Stephanie 

Renz Sevilla

Hi Stephanie!

Correct, it will appear as a hyperlink if you add the link on the slide or as a link in the Resources tab of the Player.

If you're having trouble importing the PPT slides into Storyline, you can share your project with us by opening a case here and we can help investigate what may be the issue.

Karl Muller

Hi Marion,

It depends on where the PDF will be located.

If you want to upload the PDF itself into the Rise course, then follow these steps:

In Rise, create a new MULTIMEDIA Block.

Select File Attachment as the type.

Select the Edit button on the left.

You will see a message No attachment added.

To the right of this message click Upload and select your file.

If the PDF resides outside of the Rise course on another server, you can insert a simple text link to it, or use a Button Block. Both methods work the same way.

Button Blocks are found under the INTERACTIVE heading.

After adding the button block, choose to EDIT.

Change the type to Link to a web page.

Enter the URL for the external PDF.