Image height issues in Rise

Feb 02, 2018

Hello,

I'm uploading an image that is over 2000 pixels in height into a standard centred image box. However, when the image is uploaded, it is shrunk to fit the ratio of the image box. Is it not possible to have images uploaded that are longer than the frame of the 'image centred box'?

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Welcome to ELH, Jonathan!

There's really no ratio rule to follow in Rise as the image will be cropped and optimized differently depending on the device used, but I can confirm that it's recommended to use the highest quality image possible. Ah, the beauty of fully-responsive content – where everything resizes and reflows to fit the specific device and screen used! Here are some general best practices in regards to images and other media.

I hope that helps, and if you're able to share the original image that you're looking to upload into the Image Centered block publicly – please upload it as an attachment below. I'd like to take a look at what you're looking to do, and see if I can offer any more information!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.