Image Hyperlink & Adding Interactive PDFs

Nov 15, 2016

Hi, is it possible to add a hyperlink on an image?

In addition, is it possible to add interactive PDFs in Rise?

Thank you

Anja Bergant Povalej, NIL Ltd.

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anja, 

Great questions about Rise functionality! There isn't an option to add a hyperlink to an image, but could add an image and include a hyperlink within the accompanying text - such as an image as a part of a Process Interaction. I recorded a quick video of this in Peek for how I set this up within the Process interaction. 

As far as interactive PDFs, are you looking for users to scroll through a PDF or enter content within it? I haven't seen that type of set up yet, but if you could share a bit more information on what you're looking to accomplish I can investigate an idea or at least share with our team to see if it fits with the feature roadmap! 

Anja Bergant

Hi Ashley!

Thank you or answering all my questions.

I already tried the text hyperlink link, but link on an image would have a cleaner look to it. Don't you agree? Especially, if the image is a "cover" for an animation. I really wanted to try to add a flash interactive animation to my Rise test course. I put it on our server and made a text link to it. But clicking on the text looks a "bit off"

I thought, since embedding flash is not supported, which I understand why, I could try adding a simple interactive pdf buttons and other similar elements.

Regards

Anja

Justin Grenier

Good Morning Loren, and welcome to Heroes!

Are your current courses running in a browser and created using authoring tools like Storyline and Studio, or are your learners launching content from a locally-installed application of some kind?  Our experience has been that most Internet browsers will not allow hyper-linking or redirecting to a mapped network drive or UNC path, but we'd love to know how you've made it work.

We'll consider adding support for non-HTTP links in Rise in the future.

Loren Ahrens

IE and Chrome. We use this to launch Chrome with flags:  chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files

Alternatively, we have also used LocalLinks from the Chrome Web Store. There is a similar extension for FireFox. These solution aren't advisable for uncontrolled computers.

Do you have a rough roadmap timeline for attachments? Q1?

Justin Grenier

Ah, good to know that Chrome requires a special flag or extension to enable the functionality you're seeking.  We'll keep it in mind.

Our ETA on attachments is still fluid, and you can keep an eye on our What's New, What's Next page for updates.  Collaborative authoring and Tin Can support are next on the docket for Rise.

Happy New Year, Loren!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.