image selection

Aug 17, 2018

Hi there: I am wondering if you are planning to add more images to your current selection? The training I am creating is very work/safety oriented and I am not finding many work-focused shots. For example, I am doing a Rise course on Safe Lifting in the workplace. When I search the images for Lifting, I primarily get shots of people lifting weights. I tried a zillion other search options and nothing even remotely related comes up. Because we purchased this for very work-related courses, I am hoping you will expand into that area in terms of shot options?

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Janet!  We're always adding content to help learners make the most out of our Content Library -- we're up to over 2 million stock photos and media assets!  I'll let my team know that you were facing a deficit in this area of your searching so we can continue to improve.

In the meantime, let me share my colleague Trina's process for honing in on the best photos or assets.

Start with a little word association since one word can mean a lot of different things. Let’s say I need a picture of someone falling for a workplace safety course. If I search “fall,” I end up with lots of images of waterfalls and fall foliage. But if I search for a related term like “safety,” I’m more likely to find something that works.

It can also help to think contextually to broaden your image options. Instead of searching for “boss” or “businessman,” I might search for environments or situations where you’d find those types of people. I’ve found that the results of this approach are relevant to my course and also help me convey the right feeling for my content.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and please let me know what else I can do to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.