Image size in image centered-function

Jul 02, 2021

It would be very helpful if the IMAGE CENTERED function could be provided with a size selection (small, large, medium), as is possible with Image & Text already. A default setting of 3: 4 and 16: 9 would also be helpful. When I use images from different sources, it never looks the same. thanks!

10 Replies
Tim St. Clair

Something I've had to rely on from time to time is to use a trick of 'svg' graphics to preserve the size of image and ignore any scaling that the browser might do to it. Rise images are always scaled.

To represent centered icons that don't change scale no matter the breakpoint (mobile, desktop etc), I have wrapped them into a SVG container and set the 'aspect ratio' flag in a particualr way. It's a bit fiddly since you have to encode the image using a tool, then paste it into the SVG. I've also used this technique to add text headers with an icon that hangs off in the white space to the left of the header - if you do that with an image, it scales the text on the image; in svg you can keep the text the same size by preserving its aspect ratio.

HellermannTyton ACADEMY

Thanx for your feedback Tim..:-) I'm so tired of workarounds. If I can adjust an image size in the labeled graphic, why isn't that posssible in the gallery.. ?!

There are so many little additions that I would like to see in RISE, but aside from small things, RISE hasn't changed much in at least 5 years.