Images in "Labeled Graphic" Lessons

Jan 24, 2017

Hi!

I've noticed while playing in Rise that the images that I've added to "Labeled Graphic" lessons are being constrained to a specific height. I'm adding screen shots that are taller and they are being reduced in size so the text on the screen shots is unreadable. 

It is similar to Nigel's issue here:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/thin-popup-boxes-on-labeled-graphic-interaction

It would be really helpful to have options to fit images to window width or window height or centered within the window. What do you think?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of the behavior you're seeing. You may want to review the general information here in regards to best practices for images. Having an option to fit to window width or height could cause some scaling issues with the images and a degradation of quality, so that's something that most folks would want to avoid. Also the window height/width is going to change based on the device you're viewing it on and Rise is focused on the responsive design and accommodating the different device displays.

I would still suggest that you look at sharing these ideas in the form of a feature request here with our Product team.  Thanks for your insight and keep us posted if you need anything else! 

Jesse Burroughs

Hi Ashely,

Thanks for your reply. Are the scaling issues you're referring to for images getting larger and pixelated? That is a concern, but unfortunately in this case my image is being scaled smaller by the program and the quality is being lost. If all of our images that we upload have to be the same size/dimensions for them to show up correctly it kindof defeats the point of having such a dynamic tool. Thanks for the link and do you know how I would share a Rise course for the Product team to view? Is the published version fine or would they want to see the working version?

Jesse Burroughs
Ashley Terwilliger

Having an option to fit to window width or height could cause some scaling issues with the images and a degradation of quality, so that's something that most folks would want to avoid.

I just wanted to point out that certain features of Rise already do this. For example, within "Blocks" there are two ways to insert images ("image full width" and "text on image") that essentially stretch the image to the width of the screen. If the image you insert is more vertical in format the program will stretch it anyway and "degredation of quality" will occur. So, since this is already a feature that people are working with in Rise, I'm hoping it can be added to the "Labeled Graphic" lesson type as an option.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.