Imported 360 slides in Rise

May 07, 2018

Good morning

Firstly, I apologise if this is a silly question. I am new to using Rise, and have recently discovered I can import slides I have designed in 360 into Rise. When viewing in desktop mode, these slides look and play well. When viewing in tablet or mobile mode, these slides do not seem to function as well - in tablet mode there is a thick black border around the slide and in mobile mode there is only a black box with a play symbol (although nothing plays). I have attached some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

Can anyone advise me of whether these slides will work on tablets or phones?

Many thanks.

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Miriam! So happy you're checking out Rise--isn't the Storyline Block great? 😊

Storyline blocks won’t work when you click the mobile phone icons during preview, but they’ll work as expected in published output on mobile phones.

The black bars you see above and below the slide in tablet view are the portion of the block background that the side doesn't fill. The gray bar to the right of the slide is part of the responsive player. 

The best way to get a clear picture of what the end user will see on a mobile device is to open the Rise share link on a phone or tablet. 

Let me know if you have other questions about that!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.