Importing Rise content

Mar 20, 2017

I have create a site in Rise, however the trial period ran out but I exported the content out. (I now have a different account) I have the html and the zipped rile. Question - is there any way I can import the Rise content into a new Rise site without copying and pasting the whole site?

thanks

Renaldo

40 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Renaldo,

Thanks for reaching out here! We don't have an option to import into a new account an existing Rise course - but we're working on a feature that would allow you to transfer ownership of a course from one Articulate 360 account to another. That feature is scheduled for early next quarter so we'll keep you posted on that. 

You mentioned having the zipped file, which sounds like the export of the course? If you haven't created new content in your new account, our team could help you with swapping the names/emails to ensure that you have access to your trial account content or they may be able to export the original trial courses for you. If you'd like our help with that, let's get you into a Support case so that we can get the account information! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Paul,

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to reach out to our Support Team. You can submit a case here.

They can help determine if there are any options available for retrieving the course from your ended trial. They will likely offer to extend your trial for a few days so you can transfer the course.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Mari,

The published output cannot be edited. If you want to make edits you need to have the source file, which it sounds like is in your old account. Please reach out to our Support Team so they can see if it's possible to transfer it from your old account to your new account. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Yuyen Chang

Hi Alyssa, I am needing to update a course that another designer (who has left our unit) created and saved in their own account. Our unit has since removed his seat on our team license so I'm not sure he can log in to "send a copy to me. Is this a case that I need to submit to your support team to get help with?
It's also possible that another person created this course using their free trial like 4-5 years ago. If that's the case, would it still be possible to track down these courses and transfer the ownership to me? Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Yuyen!

When an admin removes someone from your team, they will see an option to decide what to do what that person's Rise 360 content:

They can...

• Assign the content to someone else on the team
  • Delete the user's content
  • Do nothing

Please reach out to your team admin to find out what option they chose when removing the user from your team. If they reassigned the content to someone else on the team, that person can send you a copy of the course. 

Gary Linegar

HI,

Inhave a similar query. I had an accout with previously and created some generic soft skills content in RISE. I donwloaded and saved the files to my computer.

I now am wokring for a new business creating the same content, is there a way I can upload these files to my account so I am not totally recreating these and can simply make amends to suit?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Gary!

While you can transfer Rise 360 content from one active subscription to another, it's not possible to upload published output files from your hard drive back into Rise 360. 

Since you mentioned soft skills training, did you know that Rise 360 now offers templates? At the top of your Rise 360 dashboard, click the New Course button, and select Templates. That way you don't have to start from a blank slate!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.