10 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Deleware North and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out to share your question.

It sounds like you would like to be able to share a Rise course with other course authors perhaps?

Rise: How to Send a Copy of a Course to Other Authors

Once you've exported your Rise course to distribute to your learners, this is not an editable Rise file.

Jay Freeman

Hi there! I watched the tutorial for adding your own characters to scenarios and it involved exporting your course to make the edits. I am only making a web course and don't know if I can now import my course (with the new characters) or if that's only something I can do when working with an LMS. Thanks for your help!

Crystal Horn

Hi, Jay! Matt's trick works for LMS or web-exported courses. Once he made those changes, he would save that package and upload it to a web server or LMS to launch the course with the new characters.

When you say "web course," do you mean that you'll be using the Rise Share link? If so, you won't be able to get that exported version back into Rise 360, like Karl confirmed.

Ree Walker-Greer

Hi there,
I have a question regarding using the Share link for a course that will be exported as "Web." We typically export our courses for LMS. However, this initiative we do not need to track the completion in our LMS. 

Can you provide clarity as to when I export the course to Web, where should I store it and what link should I share on our internal site for learners to take the e-learning course? I found the following article: https://articulate.com/support/article/How-to-Share-Articulate-Rise-Courses-with-Learners and I'm trying to confirm if Amazon S3 and Google Cloud the only options to host my Web-based courses, or am I able to host from a SharePoint/OneDrive within my company?

Thanks
Ree

Crystal Horn

Hi Ree! You can host your web output on any web server or space that allows you to upload a folder of HTML files to run the content.

We suggest Amazon S3 and Google Cloud as options for folks who may not have their own web server access. Most folks using SharePoint are using the online version, not a local server version. SharePoint Online doesn't support running HTML files, so that probably won't work for you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.