In-Text Definition Pop Up

May 13, 2019

Hello! This is more of a feature request.

While developing some courses over the last few months, I've been noting some areas in my text where it would be helpful if I was able to insert a definition if a user hovered over, or clicked on a word. Attached is a bit of an example from an image I just nabbed from Google.

Thanks!

Edit - I did find the link to request a feature and have submitted this as such, thanks.

6 Replies
Global  Training

Hey Elizabeth! Thanks so much for the reply! Yes I love the graphic blocks, however, while I could inset a graphic block of text, and have it pop up over the word, there are sections of text where it would look visually awkward and break the text flow if I did insert a graphic. I do appreciate that suggestion however. :)

Thanks

Programme Manager

That would be so incredibly amazing! I am creating anatomy and physiology learning using technical terms within a sentence. As learning progress, I need to use more than one technical word in a sentence (within text). For example, "The rectus abdominus muscles are located between the ribs and the pubic bone anterior to the pelvis." I would need them to hover over 'rectus abdominus' and 'anterior' for definitions as these are used in other places within the course several times. Much appreciated!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.