42 Replies
Alessio Picci

Hi David,

I do not see any "continue" button after the quiz, neither with the "previous and next buttons" turned on nor turned off.

In my case, I would like to have a continue button with the "previous and next buttons" turned on. With the current set-up, users get stuck after a quiz. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Alessio,

You won’t need to insert a button - sorry if that was confusing!

There are two conditions that must be met for the Continue “button” to pop up: The Prev/Next Buttons should be turned off, and the Sidebar should be set to No Sidebar.

To turn off Prev/Next Buttons go to Settings, click Navigation, and toggle the Previous & Next Buttons option to Off.

Learn how to turn off the Sidebar right here.

In terms of having a continue option when the Prev/Next Buttons are on, our team has logged a feature request for this capability and we’ll add your voice to the discussion.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Allison LaMotte

Thanks David for jumping in here!

Hi Tonya,

Please let me know if you have any questions about the instructions David shared here.

In addition to turning off the previous and next buttons you will also need to set the sidebar to no sidebar. Click here to learn more about how to do that.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Tony Jones

From what I can gather, you can't 'add' a Continue button yourself to the end of a quiz.

It is added automatically if you have :

• Prev/Next buttons disabled AND
  • Sidebar set to 'No Sidebar'

This doesn't really help in our situation. Our user feedback was that the Prev/Next buttons aren't very prominent. With no option to customise them, our only solution was to create our own 'Continue' button at the end of each lesson. 

Since we want to keep the sidebar open to allow free navigation, this means that we can't have a Continue button to the end of a quiz.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Caren. Currently, if previous and next buttons are turned on, your learners will see the next button appear on the quiz results if there is another lesson following the quiz. Tell me a bit more about how you'd use a continue button. Are you looking to direct the learner somewhere other than the next lesson?

Donna Curtis

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue.  I would like a consistent learner experience.  In my current course, I added the Continue button to the end of each lesson, because the next/previous is difficult to see.  I also want my learners to have the freedom to navigate using the side-bar if they choose.  The fact that you have to hide the navigational side-bar  and disable previous/next option for the "next" option to work seems odd.  I think what we all would like is the ability to add a Continue button after a quiz, just like we can with any lesson block.  I hope you are able to address this community concern in the near future.  Until then, I must now delete all the quizzes I created in my course, because I do not want my learners stuck  without an obvious means of continuing.