integration of Rise and Moodle

Feb 04, 2019

Hi, 

I love Rise and Storyline but products build with those tools are not helping my needs without LMS. We decided to have a try with Moodle, but actually building an e-learning strategy  is not straight forward.

As many of the modules are repetitive for different profiles of learners we thought to build many modules that can be reused (grouped) in full lessons in Moodle and use the quizzes and scoring from Moodle.

I couldn't find any best practices online. Can you please point some resources how to achieve the above. I would not like to discontinue use of Articulate products but if I can not deliver what I need I might need to :( 

11 Replies
Robyn Hazekamp

Hi Allison - it would be good to find out please if Articulate Rise integrates smoothly with 2018 / 2019 Moodle (as LMS) architecture - as we have had issues with older versions of Moodle and need to figure out how to move forward. 

Additionally - does Articulate Rise offer the option of quizzes, user management, grade books etc? 

Thanks

Anthony Karcz

Hey, Robyn! Thank you for checking out Rise 360. Quizzes are definitely a part of Rise 360. As far as compatibility goes, we support SCORM and Tin Can API. What works best for you will depend on the LMS you choose. You can read more about our completion and success status options here.

Rise 360 doesn't include user management or grade book components at this time. 

If there's anything else you'd like to know more about, please let me know!

Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Natalie!

Rise 360 is an e-learning authoring app (part of the Articulate 360 offering) that makes it easy to create online training. However, it does not include user management or grade book components. 

I would recommend checking out Rise.com. Rise.com includes all the authoring functionality from Rise 360, plus a place to enroll learners, manage users, track their progress in grade books and reports, and analyze training effectiveness—all within Rise.com. To see it in action, head over to rise.com! You can also email the Rise team at sales@rise.com

Kenya McIntyre

Hi Alyssa! Thanks for your response.
That’s not what I had in mind. I feel like what I’m asking for is basic, but I can’t seem to get an easy answer.

I want to display the “ready for web” version, not the scorm version of my course through my Moodle LMS. I know Moodle is intended to display scorm content, but the web version of the Rise course is more attractive and responsive.  Unfortunately, Moodle is the only option I have at the moment so that’s my only option for adding courses. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.