Internal Links in Rise Courses

I am currently developing an electronic User Guide in Rise and in Section 2 of the guide I cover System Operation. This section includes a list of topics in two columns, followed by nineteen separate blocks that cover each of the topics. What I would like to be able to do is to use the list of topics as an interactive contents list such that each topic provides a link to the appropriate block below it and takes the user directly to their topic of choice when it is clicked on in the list.

Although I am aware of how to create links to external URLs, I cannot find a way to develop internal links within a Rise course to enable me to achieve the desired outcome for my User Guide. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

If this is not currently possible, I would like to recommend it for a future upgrade as I believe it could prove a popular addition to Rise.

37 Replies
Martin Maya

Yes please, I have been wanting to do this too, many times.

A bookmark feature that references all parts of the course would be great.

Please add me to the list of people to notify when this becomes available.

I note that Ned requested this over a year ago and it seems to have a lot of support. Please could you indicate if this is already on a development roadmap?

Calvin Chung
Trina Rimmer

Hi again, Ned. Thanks for clarifying your needs. What you're describing (a block anchor of sorts) isn't something Rise can currently do, however, I think that could be a really powerful feature. Would you mind sharing it with our team, directly with a feature request? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you with specifics on how this would improve your authoring experience in Rise.

Hi, any progress after a year? I thought of creating a user guide as well and would want to have a selection between iOS and Android but wasn't able to do that kind of simple selection. Able to expedite on this?