Is a Rise course permanent?

Nov 21, 2021

Hi I am thinking about using Rise for the first time. What I wanted to check is:

* is a Rise course 'standalone'? i.e. do I need a Learning Management system?

* Can I include my Storyline 360 interactions within the Rise course?

* Is it 'permanent'? i.e. does the course stay up into the future? If I were to e.g. leave my job would the next employee who gets Articulate be able to take over looking after the course?

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Cath,

Q: Is a Rise course 'standalone'? i.e. do I need a Learning Management system?

A: A Rise course can be published for Web, meaning it does not require a LMS. However, no student progress or student data is recorded for web courses, so students must restart the course from the beginning every time they access the course. A Rise course can also be published for LMS.

Q: Can I include my Storyline 360 interactions within the Rise course?

A: Yes. There is a Storyline block in Rise for this purpose.

Q: Is it 'permanent'? i.e. does the course stay up into the future? If I were to e.g. leave my job would the next employee who gets Articulate be able to take over looking after the course?

A:  Each Rise course has an "owner". In order for a Rise course to remain available in an editable format, the course owner must always have an active Articulate 360 account. Should the course owner leave the organization, the course must be transferred to another employee in the organization that has an active Articulate 360 account.