Is it possible to combine or use the prebuilt lesson types when creating a lesson using blocks.

Feb 21, 2017

Hello,

I've still been exploring Rise and am developing a course in which I have mainly been using blocks.  However, I would really like to be able to use some of the pre-built lessons within a lesson--especially the Quiz element. I know you've recently added the knowledge testing block, which is helpful, but it would also be great to incorporate the pre-built quiz, sorting activity, and labeled graphic within a lesson created with blocks.  

I guess what I'd really like to see is all of those pre-built lessons become block options from which to choose.

34 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

Are you looking to take a labeled graphic you've already created and now use that in a labeled graphic block, for example? That's a bit different than the feature we've built and released today where you can create a brand new labeled graphic as a block and the additional pre-built lesson styles that will be available soon as block types, which you can see mentioned on our “What’s New” page.

If I'm misunderstanding the feature you'd like to see, I'd love for you to share a bit more detail directly with our Product team! That way we can be sure to correctly capture your ideas and needs. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

That's the feature we just released for Labeled graphic and we're working on the additional pre-built interactions (keep an eye on our What's New, What's Next page for an update on those).

As for any existing labeled graphics you created, those will have to be created again as the new block type. Although I know the idea to use anything you've created already is something my colleague Allison already shared with our developers. 

Sorry for any confusion about how you'd be able to combine those interactions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.