Is it possible to edit pictures taken from Content Library?

Jul 15, 2020

Hi!

My question is similar to that one, previously asked by another user. 

Hi, I have a question regarding the possibility to edit and use the stock photos offered within Articulate 360 outside the tool.

When it comes to .jpeg or .png files, I can insert them in Storyline, right click on them, save them as images and then edit them in Photoshop, although they seem to lose some of their quality when I export them this way.

However, I couldn't find any way to export vector images in .eps format so that I can edit them in Illustrator. 

Can you please tell me if it is possible to edit these images outside the Articulate suite? Thank you.

For a project on Rise, I would like to add a gradient over stock pictures to match the client's graphic identity. Of course I can't do that on Rise itself. So I wanted to know if I'm allowed to edit the stock photos and re-import them in Rise afterwards. Thank you.

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi David,

I found this article:

Can I use Content Library 360 assets outside of Articulate e-learning courses?
You may edit and use Content Library 360 assets any way you like in the courses you build with Articulate 360 apps, such as Storyline 360. However, you can't use assets outside of Articulate 360 apps. For example, their use is prohibited in product brochures or websites. See section 2.11 in our terms of service.

https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-FAQs-Content-Library 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi David,

Karl is spot on! You may edit the Content Library photos and import them back into Rise 360.

You can create a folder that contains all of the image files in your course by exporting the course for Web. Open the zipped output folder, and you'll find another folder called "assets." All of the image files can be found inside that folder. 

Let me know if that helps you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.