Is there a limit to the number of blocks you should use on a page?

Feb 09, 2017

I'm running into an issue where, depending on the computer (although I don't know what is different about them), certain lesson pages are not loading when I Preview them or view the Shared version (in Chrome). When I click to go to the lesson, the header appears for the lesson, but none of the content appears below it, although it acts as if it is invisible, because I can scroll down the page, and the cursor changes where there would presumably be images, but it is all just a sea of white. 

I've noticed that these pages have 7 or 8 blocks on them, some with large images. Could this be causing the page not to load?

I've submitted a ticket to support. 

Thanks,

Will

13 Replies
Will Findlay

So I determined that the cause of this was that some users were on version 41 or 42 of Chrome (the most current version of Chrome is 56). If Chrome is too old, unfortunately what the user sees is content that just doesn't display correctly. Which makes me wish there was something that notified the user they were using an outdated browser (ala the way gmail does).

Justin Grenier

Hey, Will.

If you can believe it, browser support for HTML5 is still actively evolving, and I think that's expected given that the specification was finalized just over 2 years ago.  😀

If you're interested, you can scroll down to the line graph on this page and see how various browsers continue to grow in maturity.  It looks like Chrome 40 achieves a score of 456 (out of 555), whereas Chrome 56 is up to 519!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.