Is there a way to link to a specific leaning lesson segment?

Jan 29, 2021

Is there a way to link a user to a certain lesson segments?  For example, I have an HR training, but I have people in CA, WA, OR and I want them to go only through the sections that apply to them, can I do that in Rise? 

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Gigi,

If you were using Storyline, you would be able to make use of variables to target specific slides for specific users and thus avoid repeating slides. However, it is still possible to provide courses with area specific content in Rise.

There may well be better ways of doing this, but my approach would be to create some common content at the start in its own Section, finish that off with a Button Stack block to determine which state the user was working in and then use their response to direct them to the appropriate Section for their state-specific content:

The next step would be to create three new Sections, one for each state-specific component, end these with another Button Stack block to ask if they wish to review the state-specific content or not (Note: I don't expect anyone to click "Yes", but by clicking "No", they are then jumped to the next Section of the course. If they do click "Yes", they are simply jumped back to the beginning of their state-specific Section):

The end result would look something like this:

It is quite likely that you may have to repeat some content in each of the state-specific sections, but it is easy to copy that over using a template. Remember, at the end of the day, the user only sees one copy of everything because of the way the course is structured and it is the user-experience that is important and not the fact that you may have to include two or three copies of some of the information across your course.

Hope this helps and gives you some ideas, but if you have any further queries, just get back to me here.