Is there a way to move/copy blocks to other lessons or sections?

Nov 14, 2016

Hi

I got a bit carried away (having fun!) and was adding all my blocks to one lesson. I now want to move or copy some of the blocks to a separate lesson or section. Or can I duplicate an entire lesson (and delete the extra blocks)? Is there a way to easily do this that I'm missing? Thanks. j

107 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Articulate Dev3, 

We're working on a Blocks Lesson template that would allow you to create sections that you could use in multiple locations. In the meantime, you'd want to look at finding the lesson that is the most comprehensive to copy and then delete the pieces you don't need. Take a look at this tutorial.

Erika Romenesko

Hello, What about copying a block to a different lesson. I'm finding myself having to totally recreate blocks because it's deemed that content fits better in another lesson. I do not want to copy the whole lesson because I already have the lesson created. I just want to copy that block to a different lesson. Thanks for any tips.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the new Block Templates are available :)

New: Build Rise courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates, then reusing those templates in other lessons. And if you have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, you can share templates with your team. Learn more about block templates.

All of our latest release notes for Rise can be found here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nadia,

Are you looking to copy standalone lessons, or some combined blocks lessons? You could use the Block templates to group a bunch of blocks together and add those into a new course. 

Or, if you have a number of lessons in one course, look at duplicating the course and removing the additional lessons you didn't need.