[SOLVED] Issues with matching activity in Rise

Jan 23, 2023

Hello, 

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue. We have learners accessing our rise courses through our LMS on an iPad. The courses open within the LMS app so I'm unsure what browser they use. 

When our learners get to a matching activity, whether it be a knowledge check or part of a quiz, the text inside the matching items doesn't appear. They just show up blank. I've attached an image to show what I mean. We can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Would anyone know?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there! As a first step, I would suggest viewing this course from an iPad in a few different ways:

1. View the course Share link in the Safari browser on an iPad
  2. View the LMS-hosted course in the Safari browser on an iPad (not in the LMS app)
  3. View the LMS-hosted course in the LMS app

Do you notice a difference in how the matching question appears when you view the course in those environments? 

Luciana Piazza

Hi Carlisle Learning, 

Thanks so much for providing this information to us.

I tried to recreate this on my end by building a Rise 360 course that included a Matching Knowledge Check block. I uploaded the course to SCORM cloud, which is a test LMS environment, and then viewed the course in Safari on an iPad using iOS 15.4.1. I didn’t run into any issues with the screen dragging. Here is a look at my test. 

I have a few follow-up questions in order to better understand your current setup:

1. Could you please share what LMS you are currently using? 
  2. What version iOS are your learners currently running on their iPads? 
  3. Have you tried viewing the course via the LMS on a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback so we can investigate further!