JavaScript, Rise, and Thinkific

Jun 22, 2022

I was wondering if there are any Thinkific users out there using javascript to hide the complete/continue button. We've been using some code, successfully, for several months and in the last month, the code no longer appears to be working. Screen shot of code attached. 

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this and if you have a fix?

1 Reply
Onlea Support

As it turns out we've been working on this problem too.

Unfortunately, without actual event hooks or a polling interface exposed by Rise, we're left with this kind of implementation, scraping the specific way that Rise is reporting progress to the learner. In the case of the sample in the screenshot, it's looking for specifically tagged elements in the SVG circular progress widgets that Rise is using to display each lesson's progress - and those tags have changed in recent updates to Rise.

After looking at the screenshot, I've adapted the "reporter" code we're using, so it will send the `{complete: [true|false]}`-style message that your Thinkific site footer code is looking for. Instead of looking at the circle widgets, it reads the "XX% COMPLETE" text at the top of the sidebar (which is unfortunately still vulnerable to implementation changes in future Rise updates).

Give it a try and see if it works better for you; no change to the Thinkific site footer should be necessary.

-Sebastian (Dev/Tech Lead, Onlea)