Key Press to Submit Quiz Interaction in Rise

Feb 28, 2019

I imported a storyline block into my rise course. It's a quiz, and the user is supposed to press the enter key on the keyboard to submit the interaction (and thus answer the question). It works in storyline, but not in Rise. I design software training, and in this particular example, the user needs to hit enter as they would in the application. 

I'm thinking this has something to do with the fact that Rise is using a browser, but figured I see if anyone had come across this. Any ideas or workarounds welcome.

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi there,

I just tested this out on my end and it looks like you have to click inside the Storyline block prior to using the keyboard shortcut for it to work.

If there's nothing else for the learner to click prior to that question, you could add a slide before your quiz with a start button.

If you try that and it's still not working, please get in touch with our Support Team so they can take a closer look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Allison LaMotte

Hmm... that's strange, I would expect it to work if the learner has already clicked inside the Storyline block. I think the best thing to do here is have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

PS Also, just thought I'd point out that when you respond directly from your email, your signature is appended to the message. You may want to pop in there and edit out any personal information that you don't want to share with the community.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.