Labeled graphic as a Block item

Mar 23, 2017

Hi, 

I may have missed something but is it at all possible to have a labeled graphic as a block item? I'd like to top and tail the labeled graphic with some explanatory text & references, which don't warrant a separate lesson. Any ideas on if / how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance, 

Emma

134 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Thanks for weighing in! Labelled graphic is certainly the one we hear about the most, and luckily this is up next for our team to work on!

We’ve got a few other things in the pipeline before that, but once we’re able to share an update on this we’ll let you know! Also, our product team loves hearing new ideas--so always feel free to share yours with us right here. 😁 

Bridgewater Developer

Hi

This query for a labelled graphic as a block item was first asked 8 months ago and the reply was that it is on the roadmap but no ETA is given. It's now 8 months later and Rise users are still no clearer as to when this may be implemented, if ever. I have asked before why no proper roadmap is being released with at least some kind of ETA (per quarter at least) so we know whats in the pipeline for the foreseeable future. It seems like Articulate plays its cards very close to its chest in this regard, the "what's new, what's next" page is just as vague with no kind of ETA's either.

Aside from that, there have been some great updates to the tool since it has been released which have made some very welcome design improvements to courses that I have compiled.

Hi Dorrien,

Thanks for checking in on this feature - I know it's been a highly sought after one! We had to adjust some priority around a few features, and this was one of them. It's still on our list, and actually one of the things up next for our team to work on! A few other things are set to be finalized and release before the labelled graphic block such as, custom fonts, answer level feedback, and keyboard navigation for accessibility. 

We know how busy you all are, and we won't make you ask for an update on these items - as soon as we have these new features available in Rise, we'll post in the appropriate forum discussions in addition to the Rise Version history, and the “What’s New” page for popular features!

I'm glad you're enjoying all the other elements of Rise, and please keep us posted on what other things would help! 

Bridgewater Developer

Hi Ashley

Thanks for the info, the answer level feedback is a helpful addition, thanks to the team for that.

To add to further customisation, it would also be beneficial to have a pass/fail message on the quiz results page, also depending on whether it is the final attempt (though the dev team might already have this on their to-do list).

Hi Dorrien,

It's not something I've seen on our roadmap yet, but it's a good idea I'll pass along. You mentioned whether or not it was the final attempt - do you mean if the user is clicking on the "retry" button to showcase them different messaging each time? Often the tracking of attempts is handled by the  Learning Management System (LMS) that the course is hosted in.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.