Labeled graphic as a Block item

Mar 23, 2017

Hi, 

I may have missed something but is it at all possible to have a labeled graphic as a block item? I'd like to top and tail the labeled graphic with some explanatory text & references, which don't warrant a separate lesson. Any ideas on if / how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance, 

Emma

134 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing a link to the course. I am curious about the original dimensions of your second image, and if there is some additional whitespace around the image? 

You'll see I did a quick test with the image widths here: 

If you wanted to share your image here, I'm also happy to take a look. 

Katie Riggio

Hi there, William. Looks like my teammate, Ashley, beat me to it ☺️

We'd love to dive deeper into this! Are you able to share the original image files with us here?

Pro-tip in the meantime: Rise courses are fully responsive, so images may have different dimensions as they adapt to different devices and orientations. Best practices for using images in Rise here!

William Grove-Fanning

The problem appears to be that Rise only allows for width control, not height control.  So images in portrait view, that are naturally tall, are scaled to the max width per width setting (small, medium, full), which can make them super tall as in my case. 

I understand width control.  I am asking about height control for naturally tall/thin images.  I have attached the image.  I'll be curious to see if you can get it shorter with the current Rise controls.  Thanks! 

William Grove-Fanning

I figured it out.  Not sure why it took me so long.  To make tall images scale properly using the Rise width control, I simply have to make them wider.   To do this I threw the image into a PowerPoint slide and saved the entire slide as an image.  Done. 

Thanks for the help!  Hopefully this solution for tall images helps others.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.