Labeled Graphic - Box resize and display location control - Future?

Oct 04, 2018

A couple of questions about the labeled graphic. 

1. Is there any plan in the future to allow the box to be resized manually?
  2. Is there a plan to allow control of where the box displays in relation to the indicator?

I ask as many times it is hard to get the popups to display in the right place.  For example if you have a chart, put an indicator on something you want to call out, the box may not display where you want it to.  If there was control to change the x,y coordinate of where the box displays, and the width, height of the boxes, it would make this interaction much more usable.  I find that I make custom interactions in Storyline instead, and bring them in vs. using the Labeled Graphics for this main reason.  Not sure if anyone else finds this as an issue.  I know the user can click away to close the box to see the info behind, or click the arrows in the boxes to see the next box, but that does not seem as intuitive for the audiences I have worked with.  Thanks!

3 Replies
Jeff Forrer

Great, thanks for responding.  I think there are a lot of us veteran Storyline users that have become attached to Rise and are always looking for more customization choices to give closer to what we can do in SL without using SL where we can. 

I know your team has been constantly working on new features, thank you for taking this into consideration! ;0)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.