Lag time in Rise 360

Jun 11, 2021

I am experiencing lag time between typing characters on the screen and when they show up in my Rise course. It started happening late yesterday afternoon. 

I had someone else log in and they experienced the same thing. I'm in a time crunch since the course needs to go live on Monday. Any suggestions??

11 Replies
Leah Hemeon

I too am experiencing this issue today. I cleared my cache, cookies, and fully restarted. I'm using Chrome but also tried Firefox (both latest versions of the apps) on a Mac computer with updated software. I just wanted to add my experience so it can be added to the investigation. It's good to know that this isn't just me! Thanks.

Leah Hemeon

I haven't checked all of my courses (that would be time consuming). I did experience it in at least three I tried. Also, it seems to be better, not perfect but better, in Firefox. I'm working there for now. The lag is not as bad. I did submit a ticket to support and Jose said they're aware of an issue. I sent videos to show the issue too.

Eric Santos

Hi Emily,

I’m so sorry for the trouble! Rise 360 and other Articulate products have experienced some technical issues recently, and our team has identified the issue. 

We’re pushing out a fix and will be monitoring it. We’ll continue to share updates on our status page, articulatestatus.com, and you can subscribe there to stay informed! Once we’re back up and running fully, we’ll also share an update within E-Learning Heroes as well.