Language Identifier- and folder options for large projects

Apr 17, 2020

Hi - I have 30+ languages to translate for 30 topics I am creating.  This will eventually generate 900 items in Rise.  I have 2 questions:

1- Is there a better way to manage folders and create subfolders for large projects?

2- does Rise have a language indicator somewhere so that the language shows up in the scorm publish in the manifest? Or is the default language always English?

Thanks

Gloria

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great questions, Gloria!

1. It sounds like you're managing a large number of courses, so I can see why you need better dashboard organization! Right now, Rise 360 doesn't have subfolders, but I'll let our team know you need that option.
  2. Can you tell me more about the language indicator question? Is there a reason why you need the language to appear in the SCORM output?
Terranova 1

Hi Alyssa - we produce our courses in 30 + languages, and although some of the courses are hosted on our LMS other are hosted on our client's LMS and we have no control over them.  We were concerned that not having the language identified in the SCORM manifest might cause issues on LMS's that are set up for other languages.  For example, I know that when we build a course with Storyline there is a language indicator in the SCORM file.  Is there something similar in RISE? 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for clarifying that, Gloria. I checked in with our engineering team, and they shared that the Rise 360 imsmanifest.xml output does not have a language declaration tag, but the content is based on and formatted as en-us. For this reason, even if a course is translated into non-English languages, our imsmanifest.xml will still appear as English in each translated course.

The folder management in Rise.com is the same as folder management in Rise 360. You're welcome to start a free trial here to have a closer look! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.