Languages in Rise

Dec 06, 2017

Hello,

I've been trying to create one of my courses in Polish and at first it seemed to work fine. But the latest update I did changed the font of some of the letters in the text and it looks as if it has been written in bold.

Kind of like this: "it is very sunny"

The words tend to be the ones who have some kind of umlaut.

Does anyone know why this might be?

19 Replies
Dominik Ginthier

Hi Ashley,

Looks like I am having the same issue with Polish. All special Polish letters seem to wrong and not displayed correctly. I tried all pre-installed fonts and none of them seems to solve it. I also uploaded our company font, which we use in Storyline doesn't work here.

Have you found a solution for this?

Best regards,

Dominik

Cyntia Paré

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there was any solution to this issue or a font you would suggest using in Rise rather than another one... I tried Lato and Roboto per example and I always get "serif letters" for the polish characters in the title and for the main text, the polish characters appear to be smaller.

I'm going to attached a screen capture so you can see what I mean.

Thank everyone for the help!

Cyntia Paré

Hi Ashley,

I followed all the steps and "reuploaded" Roboto (now naming it RobotoAlternate) and I'm still getting the exact same result (see attached photo). The polish characters in the the title are still in "serif" and they are still "smaller" in the regular text.

I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly... I downloaded the font from Google, passed it through Font Squirrel, then reuploaded it on Rise, but still no luck.

Here's there anything else I can do or might have done wrong? Is there some people that got it to work?

Thank you!

Cyntia

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cynthia,

I did a quick test of this as well, and although they appear small while you're editing, once you preview or take a look at the share link you should see them appear normal. Here's a quick Peek at what I saw.  

Also, keep in mind not all fonts may have support for all languages, so you'll want to use a font that you know supports Polish. I saw Roboto as one listed on the Font Squirrel site as supporting Polish - so you're good to use that one. 

Cyntia Paré

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for this demo! Although, even with the preview (like my JPG) or the share button (https://rise.articulate.com/share/wJgFozmYfJfLmtKUg2fEMXYLaKtPe3pE#/lessons/W8SIl8mWZ4yFF33EQEV06lZIy7STJG90?_k=51e0rm) I'm still getting the same result. :(

By the way, what you are showing me in your Peek once it's in "Preview mode", is not Roboto. Roboto is a sans-serif font and what I see is a serif font in your video. Which one where you using there? Or... is Rise switching the font once it's previewing?

Thanks for your help!

Cynthia

Cyntia Paré

Hey Ashley,

I have been busy since the past few weeks and couldn't test other fonts in the meantime. 

I just did the test with Lato and Merriweather for fun, following all the steps from Google Fonts, to FontSquirrel and then Rise and I'm still getting the same result. 
Different font for special polish characters in the title and smaller letters in the main text when there's a polish characters. This problem shows up in the preview as well as the published version.

Polish characters problems

I'm not too sure what else I can try to make it work perfectly. :(

Please let me know if there's anything else I can try to make it work.

Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.