Launch mini-quiz from Lesson page

Mar 23, 2018

I'm just learning Rise-thanks for the help. I would like for the learner to be able to launch a quiz/practice correction directly after watching a short video. Is there a way to do this? The only option I am seeing is to have Quiz launch from the Lesson menu...but I would like to have a mini-quiz with each topic -not just at the end. (From what I can tell, would I need to have Lesson title, Quiz Title, Lesson Title, Quiz Title for the Table of Contents in this case?...It will get very long this way and not doesn't seem as user friendly as just having the questions right under the video.) Suggestions?

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jill!

I'm thinking a Blocks lesson is just what you need. You can add a video at the top and knowledge check questions below the video.

You can also add a Continue button below the video that will ensure the learner watches the entire video before jumping to the knowledge check questions.

Here's a sample of what that could look like. Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Jill.  You mentioned having multiple mini-quizzes in your Rise course.  Rise has the ability to track a single quiz result and send that information to your LMS.

Do you need to track the information from the mini-quizzes?  Can you revisit the practice quizzes in a final quiz in the end to gauge how well your learners are understanding the content?

Jill D

For the TRACK A SINGLE QUIZ RESULT is that per CLASS or per LESSON?

I could have another trackable quiz at the end of the lesson...but they also have a certification exam so that would be overquizing and a lot more questions to write. I'm just learning RISE --maybe there is a better way for me to structure the content. Can I share with you what I have and maybe you'll see a way to improve.

The Course is 30 hours of online content. It is currently held in 2-hour recorded webinar classes (ug!).

What I was planning:

Each Class = a "Course" in Articulate language.

Each Webinar will be broken into 10-15 LESSONS. The Video will play at the start (using Block template), there may be some text and/or resources, and then there will be a quiz of 3-4 questions.

It's not mandatory that I have quiz data...but it would be usefulto see if the learners are "getting it". Some of the content is rather dense so I'd rather not wait until the end to quiz them on 2 full hours of content with no interaction. But, having another quiz at the end seems like a lot of quizzing.  Ideally, we could re-do all the content to be a more interactive delivery method and not "watch video then answer questions" but this is what we currently have the budget for.

Thoughts?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jill!

In Rise, tracking a single quiz result is per course, not per lesson. 

Since you mentioned you don't necessarily need to track the mini-quiz data, you could track using course completion instead. 

If you're not limited to using Rise, you may consider using Storyline for these courses. In Storyline, you can add a quiz after each video lesson, then calculate a cumulative quiz score at the end of the entire course. 

Rise and Storyline are both powerful, responsive tools--learn more about what each of them can do for you here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.