Learner progress not being saved

Feb 25, 2019

Hello all,

I have created a "Blended Learning Series" for a LMS that contains nine individual modules.  One of my participants has reported that he completed about half of the modules but was then pulled away and had to leave the training.  When he came back, he noticed that all of the courses were marked as "Not Started" in the LMS.  

During our pre-release testing we exhaustively tested the function of being able to leave a course and resume where we left off and there were no problems.  Up until this point (after hundreds of learners) we had not received a complaint of this type until now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be the cause of the issue for this one individual?   Is this on the "authoring side" (Articulate) or is this more likely a problem with the LMS side?

Thanks!

7 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi David,

I'm sorry you're running into issues here.

Did you try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.