Line break in headings

Jul 05, 2017

Hi!

In my project I have a few really long words in the course title and in some of the headings. Is there a way to use something like soft hyphens so I can control how the words break?

23 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Alexis!

Rise is responsive and therefore will break longer words depending on the aspect ratio of the screen or window on which you're viewing the course. I can definitely understand how the ability to control where the word breaks would be really helpful, so I'll pass that idea along to my team! 

Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Alexander, 

That's a great question.

First, I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful. 

We are working to better advocate and will submit feature requests for users if we understand the need, but I will still ask the customer to submit so that they can share details and use-case if I'm not sure :)

Hope that's what you were looking for!

Hugh Bouchard

The <br> coding does work perfectly for a heading on a page but if you use it in a lesson title, the code shows up around the words in the TOC listing.  Any way to hide it or is there another workaround for this?   I see this has been an issue for 3+ years.   Looking for hotkeys to insert a "breaking" space now, if there is one.   

Ankit Khadloya

Hi. There seems to be a simple workaround for this. Enter the text in MS Word with the default line spacing (see the attached image) and add a line space. For example, if your title is My First Ever Articulate Rise Project and you want Articulate Rise Project in the second line, hit enter after Ever. Next, copy the text and paste it into your lesson title. Delete the extra line space that appears after the title. Publish it. You should now see the line break