Linking between lessons

Jul 23, 2018

I'd like to link other lessons in Rise. I see that the button block element supports linking to other lessons in the same course (via the Destination dropdown), but I also want to use hyperlinks in the text to link to other lessons. How can I get the relative URL so I can hyperlink?

96 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Yannick!

Is your Rise course hosted on a web server? If so, you can open the lesson you want to link to, and copy the URL in the address bar. That URL will link directly to the lesson.

Keep in mind this only works if you're linking to a lesson from another website or from a separate Rise course. 

I haven't seen someone hyperlink to a lesson within the same Rise course, since you would have to set up that hyperlink prior to hosting the content on a web server. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Sherri,

Currently using buttons is the only way to link to another lesson within the same Rise Course without opening another instance of that course. Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Ned Whiteley

I also raised this as a feature request 10 months ago and it has been slowly gathering support, so hopefully we may see it materialise in the not too distant future.

My original post can be found here.

Come on you lovely Articulate staff, give us an early Christmas present, pleeeeeeeeease !! :) :)

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Aaron. That isn't possible right now. We are actually tracking requests for two features that might help you:

• hyperlinking to lessons from a scenario block
  • linking to specific blocks within the same lesson

I'll make sure this discussion gets updated with any changes in those areas!

Elaine Cottam

I would be interested in that feature as well. I'm just in the process of moving content from one LMS onto another and am using RISE as my new authoring tool - there are options the content author had wanted to originally use when building the content that weren't available in our old LMS, but having that feature moving forward would be brilliant learners to keep them engaged for being able to jump around sections/blocks within a lesson.

DTU Bioengineering

I will also join all my fellow RISE users with these hope and wishes for the New Year:-)

I'm creating a glossary where I hoped it could be possible to link specific word in text to specific block or module in the same course/glossary, so it could be more interactive. Not possible now:-(

Feature request: Hyperlinking in Rise
- Hyperlinking to lessons from a block
- Linking to specific blocks within the same lesson

The feature could also be used in the search functionality (which I really like). In stead of just send you to the module and highlighting the word, you could be send to the specific block where the word appear. It could be a setting that could be turned ON/OFF.

Best regards
Ole Djurhuus