Linking Rise course- discontinued in April

Feb 07, 2020

I saw the Articulate notice about creating a course link being discontinued in April and that we have to export the course for web instead. I ran into trouble exporting for web because my files are too large for upload on our Sakai v.10 LMS (max 50 Mb per upload). I am wondering if the links to the courses I put in our LMS will cease to work come April, or did the notice mean only that come April we won't be able to create these links in the first place. 

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello Gerhard! Phil is right. If you are hyperlinking to your course, you won't have a problem. 

If you are using an iframe code that includes the Share URL, it will no longer display your course. This means if you add a Rise course to your website or LMS using this code: <iframe src="https://rise.articulate.com/share/1234567abcdef"></iframe>, it will stop working in April.

We're happy to help with any questions or concerns. Just post them here or reach out to us directly!

Michael Breeden

My concern is related to exporting one lesson from a course instead of the entire course. Share links have resolved this issue for me, as I can use iframe to direct straight to the lesson necessary (link directly to lesson). I know exporting an individual lesson has been a popular feature request and using links has been an OK workaround. I'm afraid this is going to add a lot of extra time into my workflow.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael,

You can still follow the same workflow. However, you'll want to export the entire course for Web and host the output on a web server. 

Then, open the URL, and copy the URL for each lesson to embed in an iframe (linking directly to a lesson). 

The only difference will be that you're using a link from your own web server instead of the Rise Share link.

Let me know if that's an option for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.