Lock certain lessons for a demo version

Apr 21, 2022

Hi,

I want to create a demo version of a Rise 360 course. Essentially all lessons should be visible but only certain lessons should be accessible. Basically I want to give access to chosen lessons from numerous sections. The other lessons should be greyed out. How do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Maria-Theresia!

Do you have the option of using Storyline 360 instead of Rise 360 for this demo course?

Storyline 360 is perfect if you're looking to build a course with custom menu navigation, like locked lessons. In general, Storyline 360 offers more customization options than a rapid authoring tool like Rise 360 does. 

You can either start with a blank canvas and design the course from scratch, or use our eye-catching Content Library Templates designed by the industry’s leading course designers. And just like Rise 360, Storyline 360 courses look great on tablets and smartphones, thanks to the responsive player. 

Now if you're wondering which tool is right for you, check out this article!

Mr C

Hi

I suggest that you duplicate your complete Rise course

With the duplicated program remove the content in the lessons you want locked but leave the lesson shell

Add an image with the wording "Content Locked" (image example below)

This duplicated program can then be used as your demo without compromising the complete course 

Best of luck