Locked Continue button and Scenario builder in Rise

Jun 12, 2019

Hi Articulate heroes!

I'm building a course with a four-scene, complex scenario. I want the continue button to unlock only when the learner has made it to the final slide of the last scene. My experience so far is that when the continue button is set to 'complete block directly above', it does not unlock if the block above is a scenario. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

30 Replies
Sarah Bezanson

Hm. When building the first scene, I wanted to delete a scene slide but deleted the 'end slide'. I can't find an option to create a new  end slide. The final slide of my final scene is set to link to 'end scenario'. I can't locate an option to create a new end slide and the system doesn't recognize the trigger without. Any advice?

Sarah Bezanson

Hi Marvie,

Strange. It was set this way, published, and immediately heard from learners it was not unlocking when they completed the scenario. I republished with it unlocked as an interim solution. After seeing your note, I reset it to unlock only after the block above (scenario) was completed and it would still not unlock. I ended up deleting the original continue button and adding a new one, and it is now working correctly.

Sonja Moore

Hi. The fix didn't quite work but when I selected Try Again and then re-selected Go to End of Scenario, it did work. I really appreciate the quick turn around on this. I'm now able to launch my training to 1,700 employees with only a week's delay. Many companies are completely unresponsive so this was very refreshing. Thanks again.

Amanda Schuster

We are trying to use the complete button as well and having to make the learners click start over to complete it does not work for us. While it works they should not have to start over if they do not want to and should be able to move on once they completed the scenario. It would be better if it would complete once they reach that slide. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Lyn. Are you ending on a dialogue or text content in your scenario block?

• When I end on text content, the continue button becomes active when I reach the last content without having to click to start over. 
  • For the dialogue content, I noticed I had to toggle my "Go to" choices from End Scenario to another content piece and back to End Scenario. Once I did that, the continue button became active without having to click to start over. 

Here's my sample course to show it working both ways.

I'll document this behavior -- you shouldn't need extra clicks to get it to work properly! Let me know if that doesn't work on your end.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jess. I'll clarify: 

If you're ending on text content, the continue button should become active as soon as you reach that last item. No changes needed here.

If you're ending on dialogue content, you'll need to switch the "go to" option to something other than "End scenario" and then switch it back to "End scenario."

No updates on this behavior yet. Let me know if I can help further!

Ruth Mahoney

Hi,

I'm still getting the "start again" on my End scenario so I can't get out of the circle back to the beginning. How do I just get out of the scenario with End Scenario? Have tried many combinations but nothing is working for me. I am finishing on text not dialogue and it always comes up with the "start again" how do I just end the scenario? I checked your example and "start again" is still there.

Thanks