Markers in Rise

Nov 11, 2016

How do you modify the markers like going above 9 in the numbers?

25 Replies
Adam Schwartz

Thanks Lew, that's helpful to see. My suggestions given the current marker set are either:

1) Consider using a different market type. Unless it's imperative that they are in some sort of numbered order.

2) Or, break this labeled graphic interaction into a couple of different ones. It's might be a lot of content to absorb all at once anyways. So you'd have the same image, but just label different parts of the image in different lessons. 

Good Luck!

Edward Hoke

Am I missing something? Where in this Rise Block list is Markers? What about other stuff such as "shapes"? Also, what is the ETA on the 1.5 million pieces of content we had assumed were part of this? I have uploaded a list of what is available to me and do not see an option to insert Markers to begin with. Many thanks for help and thanks for forum!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hey Edward,

Looks like Wendy's got you covered in terms of inserting a labelled graphic into Rise to use those markers - and the new stock videos and images that are a part of Content Library are still on the list of things coming soon. You should see all the "Cover photo" images included in Rise today - you can add one to your course by opening the course and choosing Settings - > Add Cover Photo. There you'll be able to choose from all the options available! 

We're keeping the forums and the "What's New" page updated as these things are released, but you'll also see them right away in Rise. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hey Wendy - Happy New Year to you as well! Hope 2017 is off to a stellar start. :)

There isn't a subscription on that page, although I could see a lot of folks using that, but we are doing some emails when those things roll out too. I did see at least one other mention of a user implementing a Google Page Monitor as that will alert you when pages are updated. Within the forums it'll often be a new discussion like this one from Adam, and we'll try to get back to all the discussions where people asked about that type of feature too! 

Edward Hoke

Hey Ms. Wendy! Thank you! I was not understanding that one cannot insert a marker on any image into any other "Blocks" other than "Labeled Graphics", from the start - so as of now - I cannot add a marker to a video block, for example. And, there is no "timeline" in the web app. I am looking forward to exploring what learning is better for Rise, and those for SL. Cheers - Ed

Edward Hoke

Hi Ashley: In case I didn’t acknowledge you before, I wanted to say thank you for being so helpful.

I am glad Articulate still has you on the Team! ☺

Edward

[cid:image001.png@01CE70D3.9484BAE0]

Edward Hoke, M.A.
e-Learning Designer
Human Resources

S&C Electric Company
6601 N. Ridge Blvd.
Chicago IL 60626
Phone: 773-381-4465
Mobile: 312-834-4376
E-Mail: ed.hoke@sandc.com
Visit us at: www.sandc.com

[cid:image002.png@01CE70D3.9484BAE0] [cid:image003.png@01CE70D3.9484BAE0] <https://twitter.com/SandC

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.