Maximum dimensions for embedded content in Rise to avoid scrollbars

Aug 24, 2017

Hello! I am working on including Storyline built content into my Rise course using the embedded iframe feature after uploading the Storyline file to AWS. However, Rise appears to have pre-built maximum height dimensions for displaying embedded content, and if the content exceeds those dimensions, a scrollbar appears in order to display the full window. The problem here is that navigating the embedded Storyline content with scrollbars is more difficult and diminishes the end users experience, so I am looking for the best solution to display this content in its full view without scrollbars appearing.

Does anyone know what the maximum height and width dimensions are for the display window of embedded content in Rise? Are the dimensions different depending on the lesson type? (As in, is the maximum window dimensions for embedded content different for material embedded using blocks verse the pre-built url/embed lesson type?) I'm thinking the best solution would be to change my story size to match those dimensions in order to prevent the scrollbar from appearing. Any advise on embedding Storyline content into Rise is is highly appreciated!

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Morgan, great question!

Instead of changing your story size, could you adjust your player setting to "scale player to fill browser window"? With that setting, you shouldn't see the scrollbars appear in a URL/Embed Lesson or Block. 

And stay tuned, because we're launching a Storyline block type very soon! I don't have details or specifics, but I know it'll make embedding Storyline content into Rise a breeze. We'll let you know here as soon as it's ready!

John Policarpio

hi guys, 

i tried the recommendation above using the classic player and it still gives scroll bars. the modern player in 360 doesnt help as well. is there actually a maximum width to an embed in Rise? 

i have tried using an iframe and the behaviour is really odd. height attribute works but the width doesn't at all. 

even tried forcing a scrolling attribute to see if that helps but at the end it just removes the scrollbars but doesnt fit the web page inside the Rise lesson. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.