Mixed navigation

Jan 17, 2017

Hello,

I would like to create a free AND restricted navigation inside the content.

My need is to make the user see the introduction then to be free to navigate through next chapters.

Is there any way to achieve that ? May be after publish with javascript ?

Thank you for your help !
Nicolas

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nicolas - This is not a set-up that can be mixed or changed via the player, but you could utilize some variables within your intro section to require the learner to view if needed. Not sure if you have the player menu available to the user, but this could affect the behavior. If you have a .story file to share, I'm sure someone could assist you here.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hey Nicolas,

Thanks for confirming that it was Rise! Within Rise there currently isn't a way to change the navigation method for particular sections or even on a reattempt of the course. It may be something that you could accomplish post-publish with Javascript, but that's something I'll have to leave in the hands of our community experts. I know Zsolt has done some really amazing things here with the customization of Rise. 

Farheen Khan

Hi there,

I have an issue uploading one of my module to the LMS while rest of the modules are doing good. What I have noticed different in this module is that the last lesson (Keep Learning which has multiple links to videos and other text resources) image attached, looks restricted however, I have selected the Free Navigation for this module. I need an urgent assistance.

Thanks