More question types

Nov 16, 2016

Are more question types going to be included? It seems that only a multiple-choice (single answer) option is available. Would be good to see multiple-choice (multiple answers) and sorting questions etc.

135 Replies
Abd Karim Alias

Hi Adam, any update on the questions or quiz type? I'm highly impressed with Rise and have created 2 quick lessons to play with the features. I think the biggest shortcoming is the lack of assessment variety. Can't wait to have more types of assessment.

Example of my lessons:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/MGBh11LM7GOq8mIoQdQDcJwZa-_s51LZ

https://rise.articulate.com/share/pb3jZ7A4n82oQN6b_ZVkcYgNzHrNZEoV

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michelle,

The original timeline on this has shifted so we're looking to start rolling new questions out later this quarter. I don't have a list of question types to share - but they'll be released as they are ready.

We'll update discussions such as this one and updates are listed in the Rise Version history too.

Thanks for checking in! 

Livis E-learning

I'm afraid I have to agree. Every time someone asks how the development of new features is going or what the developers are working on, the reply is to look at the What's New page. This page is referred to as a roadmap, but it only shows us what's been developed and not what's to come.

It's not like we are expecting miracles, but a little more transparancy would be great. Just knowing what you guys are working on (like which specific question types) and which feature requests are taken into account. An overview like that would save you guys a lot of time answering questions too I think :)

Hi Kyle,

Are you looking for a question bank feature similar to what you'd see in Quizmaker or Storyline, where for example, you can randomly pull 3 questions from a group of 6? That's not a feature on our roadmap right now, but sounds like a good idea!  

If you’re wondering what happens when you submit a feature request, here’s our process. You can also send those Feature requests here or include them as comments in the E-Learning Heroes community. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ryan, that's an interesting idea! Can you tell me more about how you would want to use open-ended questions?

• Would the learner need to print all of their answers at the end of the course?
  • Would you want the question data sent to the LMS?

Although this isn't a feature in Rise currently, it helps us to have a better understanding of how you would use it!

Hi Brett,

Some development timelines have shifted in Rise, and the new question types were one of the features impacted.

We're still hard at work on a ton of new things in Rise, and new question types is still on our roadmap. I don't have a new ETA to share, but we'll keep folks posted in this discussion once we have a more accurate time frame!