Multiple Fonts in Rise

Jul 27, 2020

Hello,

We are building a course in Rise 360 that teaches about Blockchain and there is a lot of coding that will be discussed. While we can use the code snippets to display much of the code, there are times when we would like to be able to discuss the code elements in a regular text block. Is there any way to use more than one font i.e. one font for the regular text and a different font for the code just like I am able to do here in the comment box?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Sherri!

Right now, Rise 360 doesn't have a feature that will allow you to change the font of individual words or phrases in a text block. However, I saw a neat workaround from a community member that may work for you, especially if you're using a custom font throughout the course. 

1. Go to Settings > Customize Theme. 
  2. Click on Manage custom fonts.
  3. Click the pencil icon to edit the font you're using.
  4. Choose one of the font styles that you don't need, and delete it. For example, you may not need Italics in your course. Click the trash icon to delete that font style. 
  5. In the Italics space, replace the deleted font style with the WOFF file of the code font.
  6. Click Save.

Now, anytime you need to use the code font, simply highlight the text and click the Italics button.

What do you think? Would that work for your course?

Jessica Ward

Genius! Thanks for the workaround!

Except darn, for some reason it didn't work :(

Editing again to say: I tried and tried and tried to upload the WOFF for the second font as the italic form of my first custom font, and it kept looking like it had done it. But when I then used the Italic, it was in the first font again, and I kept going back to the settings only to find the file missing again.

Then I thought to switch from Safari to Chrome, et voilá! That worked!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.