Multiple Lesson tracking - Storyline vs. Rise

Apr 28, 2020

Hello!,

My goal: Build a dashboard interface connecting multiple lessons for one subject. 

The Problem: The LMS that my company uses does not enable bookmarks within a course.

However, I have noticed that it tracks the progress of a learner within a single Rise course containing multiple lessons. I have been unable to replicate this within Storyline. 

Does anyone know of a good resource about the differences in course tracking between Storyline and Rise? 

Thanks! 

Niko

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Nikolas!

I'm happy to help. First, let me be sure I'm understanding the problem you're seeing in your LMS:

• Storyline 360 courses do not track learner progress - instead, they always start over from the beginning.
  • Rise 360 courses do track learner progress and resume where the learner left off.

Both Storyline 360 and Rise 360 courses should track learner progress and resume where the learner left off in the course.

First, I would suggest checking the resume behavior you selected in the Storyline 360 content:

1. Go to the Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Player.
  2. When the Player Properties window appears, click Other on the ribbon.
  3. In the Resume section of the window, which option did you choose? Prompt to resume is the best option for you. 

Let me know if you already selected the Prompt to resume option, and we'll go from there!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.