My Rise course has an image I can't delete

Jul 19, 2022

Hi, it looks like "Theme" added a random "Course Image" to an e-learning module, and I can't figure out how to delete the image I didn't add. I'd appreciate help, thank you.

10 Replies
Adam Schwartz

Hi Susan,

The image will only be seen in the output if you select a cover page or navigation option that contains an image. Otherwise, it's just used on the dashboard for your reference. Go to Theme > Cover Page and Theme > Navigation to see the various styles to choose from - some with images, others without. 

Susan Klick

I'm not sure I agree - the image is distracting, and I can imagine double-checking options multiple times now (as I develop, during reviews and before publishing it) to ensure the image Articulate selected doesn't display - or, I would change the image to something suitable for the material. I do view this as extra work. Thank you for the moment!

Crystal Horn

Hi Susan and Sarah! Thank you again for your honest feedback. We've made changes to the cover page behavior that was released with the new Theme features.

Course cards on your dashboard will reflect the option you've selected for your cover page layout. We've also removed the cover image from the outline when editing your course.

This means that if you've selected an option without an image, you won't see any cover image we've suggested on your course cards. I hope this helps, and please let us know how else the new Theme features are working out for you!

(edited to note that we've removed images from the course outline entirely, regardless if they're selected in the cover page layout)