Need Rise course to direct learner based on quiz results

Sep 19, 2020

I'm building courses in Rise 360 that will reside on an LMS. At the end of each course are two (2) quiz questions.  The learner must answer the two questions correctly for the LMS to award a certificate of completion. If the learner does not answer both questions correctly, the learner must re-launch the course and re-take the quiz, which can be taken as many times as the learner needs.  Ideally, I would like the quiz results to trigger either (i) the LMS awarding a certificate of completion (both quiz questions answered correctly), or (ii) re-direct to the start of the course (1 or no quiz questions answered correctly). 

How can I best achieve this objective? 

It seems that Rise will not allow me to do this, but I want to be sure before considering other options.  

Thanks in advance, 

Cathy 

6 Replies
Cathy Allen of Audit Conduct

Alyssa,

Thanks very much for your advice. Unfortunately, I need to avoid adding content after the quiz results within our LMS. I would use an approach such as yours if I could, but this is a regulatory compliance course and we cannot allow the learner to select whether they passed or failed the quiz. 

I guess if the SL quiz results block is unable to send a learner back to square one, I will need to incorporate the instructions into the results slide. Thanks again -

Cathy  

Alyssa, 

I'm still struggling with a solution to my issue. The sample course wasn't helpful because I cannot give the learner a choice in deciding whether they passed or failed. Also, the learner failing the quiz would need to return to the start of the course, not just the start of the quiz. 

Does Articulate offer any one-on-one coaching or consulting? I need to get a solution very soon. 

Thanks, 

Cathy 

Thanks, Karl. 

Appreciate the confirmation about Rise. 

We ended up incorporating a SL quiz into Rise and used the answer feedback in SL to give instructions to folks who get a wrong answer; we've also included these instruction in the introduction to the quiz (in Rise). 

I'm new to using SL blocks in Rise in an LMS setting. It gets a little tricky - i.e. determining the interplay between Rise, SL and the LMS.

Do you know of any good training resources on that topic? 

Thanks again - 

Best regards,

Cathy 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cathy!

You can track the Storyline block quiz score by choosing the quiz tracking option when you publish from Storyline to Review 360. Then, choose to track the Rise course by the Storyline block. Check out more details in this article! 

In that scenario, the quiz score will be sent to the LMS, but question-level details aren't sent to the LMS for Storyline blocks.

And since you asked about one-on-one coaching, choose training with Certified Articulate Training Partners like Yukon Learning. Learn more about custom training options with Certified Articulate Training Partners here: https://articulate.com/training

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.