New Feature in Rise: Block Templates

Feb 20, 2018

Hey community peeps!

We’re really stoked to share a new Rise feature with you: block templates. Build Rise courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates, then reusing those templates in other lessons.

And, if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams member, you can also easily share the block templates you create with your team, saving you development time.

Learn more about it here: Creating, Sharing, and Reusing Block Templates

Have a peek at this quick video where CTO Arlyn Asch explains this great new Rise feature:

To see all the latest new features in Rise, check out the What’s New page. And if you’re not already an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can start a free, 60-day trial for full access to everything in Articulate 360, including these new features.

65 Replies
Jim Powell

Hello, at least I'm not the only one.  I've been working my tail off to get some reusable content in a library of block templates, and I've done so -- all day, now that I'm done, they won't insert.  Jesus, this is once again a lot of work, and now it doesn't work?  What's up?  so i have to create a support case?

Bottom line: I go to insert a block template (using Chrome) and when I do, it just starts the process and then just sits there and spins.

Crystal Horn

Hi folks! I'm sorry you've been getting stuck with block templates recently. We were able to investigate this problem thanks to your discussion posts and cases you submitted.

We're really close to releasing a fix, and I hope to have good news to share by the end of this week! Until then, I recommend submitting a case if you are unable to move forward with your work after refreshing your browser.

Jim Powell

In the meantime does anyone have any tricks that work?  I thought at first that switching browsers would do it.... but while it seemed to work, later it didn't.  As usual, I only visit these forums when I'm stuck, bad, so while I appreciate a fix by next week, I'm kinda hosed on this project I'm trying to finish. Thanks.

LaVon Bowman

I have a single slide built in Articulate 360 and inserted into Rise. I need to get a completion after 6 button items have been clicked (visited). I did create the triggers for this. I published it and set the completion. Published it to Review and them inserted it into Rise. I do not know what else to try. Please see the attached screen grabs. If you can help me with what to try next. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.