NEW IN RISE 360: Scenario Block

May 07, 2019

Today we released the scenario block for Rise 360, and we think you’re going to love it.

Now you can easily add branching scenarios featuring Content Library 360 characters to Rise 360 projects. Just drop dialogue, responses, and feedback into a scenario block to walk learners through choices and their consequences. And because it’s Rise 360, your scenario will look stunning on any device.

See the new scenario block in action:

Learn more about working with the scenario block and explore an example in Trina’s article. We can’t wait to see what you create with this new block type!

146 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Kristen,

You can hide the character on text-only slides, but on dialogue slides it's not possible to hide the character. Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Marco Baldan

Hello there, 

we are diving into this exciting new feature and would have one follow-up question:

is there a way/option to make the 'continue' button disappear after each answer?

I think it would be great to avoid an extra click in each question.
I tried to erase the label 'continue' from the settings but it did not bear any difference in the interface.

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Best
Marco 

Dale O'Toole

Would also love the feature to add your own characters to be looked in to.

We have our own branded illustrated characters, which would be great if we could use these in the scenario blocks.

Until then, we'll refrain from using this feature, as the character sets don't fit our purpose or align with our style.

Great start though... nice work!

Melissa Dougherty

I was excited to try and use Rise for the first time, however I need to be able to add audio and my own characters to the branching scenario and discovered this isn't possible.  We wanted to build out some scenarios where the learner listened to a piece of a phone call and then had to choose how to react to what was said. I see this isn't possible at the moment in Rise, so back to Lectora I will go where I can do this.  Hoping even more functionality is added to Rise because I would really like to use this at some point to liven up my trainings and make them look fresh. I know I could probably do this in Storyline but would love to use Rise to learn something new for myself and my learners' benefit.  Thanks,

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Melissa. Thanks for sharing your needs! If the scenario block doesn't quite fit your needs, have a look at creating branched scenarios with button blocks. You can stack text, multimedia and button blocks together for a more customized experience.

If there's anything else I can answer, please let me know.

Enid Crystal

I am excited to try the scenario blocks in Rise. For a recent course on conducting interviews, I want to include a way for learners to practice interviewing skills. Here's my Rise example. Would love some feedback. Help Jacob Interview

I am trying to figure out how to switch from the interviewer character to the interviewee character. Ideas appreciated! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Enid, fantastic work on that scenario! 

You can select different characters for every scene, but there isn't a way to change to a different character on individual pieces of content.  If you want to switch from the interviewer character to the interviewee character, try adding a new scene. 

And for more inspiration on interview scenarios in Rise 360, check out the last lesson in this course by our Community Manager, Nicole Legault!