New features in Rise!

Feb 20, 2018

Hello, everyone!

I’m thrilled to announce several new features that give you more integration with Storyline 360 and more options in Rise. Here are the highlights:

• Require completion of a Storyline block: Make sure learners complete a Storyline block before moving on in your Rise course.
  • Block templates: Build Rise courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates to reuse in other courses.
  • Sidebar visibility: Choose to have your course sidebar open or closed by default. You can even turn it off altogether to give your course a different look and make learners navigate lessons in order.
  • Require a passing quiz score: Make sure learners understand course content. Require a passing quiz score before they can move on to the next lesson.
  • Shared block templates: Share the block templates you create in Rise with your team. (Articulate 360 Teams subscribers only.)

Check out our What’s New page for demo videos. Then, open up Rise and try these features out for yourself! I think you’re going to love them.

50 Replies
Trina Rimmer

Hi Allan. Block templates give you the ability to save existing blocks you’ve already designed as templates. This allows you to quickly reuse block content in other courses. It doesn't give you the ability to mix and match blocks with the pre-built lessons. If that's a feature you'd like to see, please let us know! We love to hear directly from customers about the features they'd find most helpful.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Allan and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

You can certainly add multiple blocks within the same lesson. Check out the documentation here to see the different lesson types available plus how to use blocks to create your custom lessons.

As far as the new block templates:

Build Rise courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates, then reusing those templates in other lessons. And if you have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, you can share templates with your team. Learn more about block templates.

Curious what pre-built lesson type you would like to see as a block if that's what you're asking. I know that the labeled graphic and quiz question have been requested.

Richard Campbell

Ashley:

Per my Articulate Help > About dialog  box my current version is V3.13.14869.0

Could the issue be that since I retired I lost access to my campbell at rio.edu email account. This was the account that I have traditionally associated with my license.

I asked the sales department to change my account login to campbell at VirtualPublishing.NET a couple of months ago.

Richard

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Richard, 

Yes, the content stays with the Articulate ID and I see that your rio email address is still connected to an active Articulate 360 license.

Unfortunately, I can't transfer the content for you to your new Articulate ID which you're using on a trial of Articulate 360. If you still have the .story files, you should be able to publish them to your new Review account and pull into Rise, but yes anything published to your previous account you won't have access to. 

Paul Williams

Hi, can you tell me, if I publish a 360 story to articulate 360, and then add it to a Rise course, can I get the scoring from that course into our eLMS? It's the same question that Kelly Edmonds asked I guess. 

We are investigating if Rise can overcome some issues for us, but we have to validate Doctors and keep a record of their competence, using the LMS the trust subscribe to, so if I can't get the results into there, then it won't be of any use to us. 

Thanks,

Paul

Sheri Lee

Does the  Require completion of a Storyline block work for videos? I want to make sure the user watches the full video before moving forward with the course. I have created a Storyline block that is a video without controllers to ensure learner's watch the full video. However the continue button (divider) is active but the setting are set to only turn on the continue button when the user completes the block above. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.